Medicinal Chemist (Position Filled)
Seeking a highly motivated, experienced synthetic organic chemist to contribute to the identification
and development of novel small-molecule drugs Establish and manage interactions with contract
research organizations (CRO) to enable the preparation of compounds for preclinical evaluation.
- Perform work to support lead generation and lead optimization programs by preparing novel
building blocks and key intermediates.
- Work independently, use databases and information tools to keep current with medicinal
chemistry trends and contribute to patent applications and publications.
- Propose and perform independent research directed toward drug discovery.
- PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry with more than 3 years experience in chemistry or drug discovery.
- Demonstrated record of productivity in organic or medicinal chemistry research as evidenced by publications and/or patents.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of techniques in synthesis, purification, and spectroscopic characterization of novel compounds (NMR, LC-MS, HPLC etc.).
- Experience using the concepts and tools of structure-based drug design and chemical database searching highly desired.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills facing the challenges in organic chemistry and/or drug discovery industry.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented, with outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- No visa sponsorship is available.
- No relocation package is available.
- temperature to hire.